1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 refrigerated pie pastry
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tart apples, peeled and sliced
1. In a medium bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
2. Brush one tablespoon butter on pastry and sprinkle lightly with sugar mixture
3. Place apple slices in bowl and coat with remaining mixture.
4. Cut pastry into 1 inch strips, wrap one strip around each apple slice. (Ensure sugared side is facing apple.
5. Place slices on baking stone or cook sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture.
6. Bake for 12 minutes at 425 degrees.