Saturday, February 2, 2013

Banana Bread

So I've lost my favorite banana bread recipe. Until I find it, I will use this and fine tune as needed.

1 cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature**
2 eggs, room temperature
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt**



**I always use unsalted butter in my cooking, if you prefer to use salted butter, omit the additional teaspoon salt.

1.  Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time. Be sure to mix well before adding the second egg.

3. In a separate bowl, smash the bananas. Stir in milk and cinnamon.

4. In a third bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add banana mixture to mixing bowl and combine ingredients. Add dry ingredient mixture, stirring until just combined. Do not over mix.
6. Spray loaf pan with Pam. Add batter to loaf pan.

7. Bake 1 hour. Remove from pan and allow to cool on a bread rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment