These are Kevin's favorite cookies. I'm constantly looking for new recipes for them. This is a pretty good one, that I have modified to his liking.
1 cup pecans
1 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 cups ap flour
Extra powdered sugar for coating/dusting ~ 1 cup
1. On baking sheet or stone, toast pecans for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool and finely chop.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in vanilla and salt. Gradually mix in flour, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl, until just incorporated. fold in pecans and whip for ~ 20 seconds.
3. Roll spoon size balls by hand and set on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
4. Space balls about 1.5 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets(may need multiple baking sheets). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool ~ 10 minutes on baking sheet.
5. Place extra powdered sugar in large bowl. Toss warm cookies in sugar to coat. Before serving, dust top with fresh powdered sugar.