8 large russet potatoes
1 small brown onion
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup half and half
1. Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes. Drain, peel skins off potatoes.
2. Let potatoes cool in fridge. Finely chop onion, dividing into 4 equal parts.
3. Heat oven to 350. Spray casserole dish with Pam.
4. Grate 2 potatoes, spread evenly in bottom of casserole dish. Sprinkle with onion, garlic salt, and pepper. Repeat until all potatoes and onion are used.
5. Pour butter, whipping cream and half and half over casserole.
6. Sprinkle with paprika.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
**One alteration I like is to saute the onions before putting them.